Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In Praise of Michelle Obama's Victory Garden

I’ve been trying very hard to find some good news I could blog about the Obama administration. I suppose I could conjure up some praise, even if I’m not sincere, as I see many other people doing. Fortunately, Michelle Obama provided the opportunity for me to praise the administration when she brought a bunch of kids to her vegetable garden somewhere on the White House grounds. There are too many urban kids who have no idea how produce is grown, nor that chickens lay eggs, and cows give milk, and so forth. Just about every little kid in the world is fascinated by the way in which a little dumb seed grows into a plant that produces something after the flowers drop off. So now my praise is sincere, and I think that’s a productive avenue that Mrs. Obama should pursue.

No comments: