Friday, February 22, 2008

Think I'm gonna' holler...throw up on my hands: Hillary bilked of millions



I'm feeling a little sorry for Hillary but that's not what motivates me to this posting. It's more that I've been taking a self-study course in economics, a discipline and knowledge content area which was foreign to my environment during my callow youth. Well, not entirely. I was sent to the railroad tracks to pick up coal which had fallen from the passing freight cars and could be used to heat our hovel. That had something to do with economics, I suppose.

Be that as it may, I am astonished at the amount of money lifted from people who want to be president. Lifted by one's so-called friends, incidentally. The Wall Street Journal reported today that the amount of money charged against Hillary's campaign was so much as to have been a big factor against Clinton's race with Obama.

The WSJ quoted one dissatisfied New York donor who said:

"We didn't raise all of this money to keep paying consultants who have pursued basically the wrong strategy for a year now."

Chief recipient of all those bucks was Mark "Money Man" Penn, Hillary's chief strategist. Strategist at what? Ripping people off? Penn's form billed Hillary more than $10 million buckos for what the WSJ categorized as "consulting, direct mail, and other services." Except for direct mail, and considering the results, the bill was for snake oil. And 3.8 million for January alone! What? So the presidency has become a big fat body for political leaches to suck on?


Yo, these are shark-infested waters we swim in during campaign seasons. One of the circling sharks is Obama, a crafty and smooth operator who has moved off his hair shirt platform to dial in for big campaign dollars in a cash-without-limit ploy to bankrupt the opposition by any means necessary.

I'm voting for McCain, of course, but I'd feel better with Hillary on the other side in the event that people act even more stupid than they have been and McCain loses.

No comments: