Monday, January 28, 2008

Morning Joe Draws a Blank

I flip three channels regularly in the a.m.: Fox News, CNBC, and MSNBC’s Morning Joe. That usually puts me in touch with my surreal self. One of the chief reasons for watching the “Morning Joe” is Erin Burnett’s brief appearance each morning to provide some sense of economic direction. I suppose I could just watch “Squawk on the Street” all day long, but then again I could just freeze a picture of Erin on my screensaver. Either way, it would be awfully creepy. I like Erin, and so I force myself to watch the “Morning Joe” and I’m content to catch Burnett’s appearance for about 60 seconds. This morning Erin had the impossible task of explaining Jerome Kerviel’s massive financial debacle at France’s Societe General to a numb and uncomprehending Joe Scarborough who acted like that “inclusion” kid in your 8th grade Math Class. Nice enough, but lost in the ether. Scarborough had only “Duh” to say on the subject of Jerome Kerviel and his impact on the world economy. Zip. Zero. Nada. Joe, you gotta’ go back to school and complete that economic 101 course.

No comments: