Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pelosi: Jill-in-the-box or Obama Lictor?


I’d lately given up on Fox News in the morning because, though I like Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, and Gretchen Carlson, they seemed to have been given their marching orders to compete with the fluff stuff on the 3 Big Networks. I’m not all that cheery at 6:00 in the a.m. and I’m usually watching one of the adult business networks like CNBC or Fox Business News. I always tuned in to Fox and Friends for a little while though, and this morning was a delightful exception. They were really funny as they chided Pelosi and poked that smarmy Keith Olbermann. Thank Obama for providing the occasion.

Prominently featured was Political Calisthenics with Nancy Pelosi. Seated behind Obama during the joint session of Congress, Pelosi needed the exercise and popped up like a jack-in-the box at the end of Obama’s every sentence. She reminded me of one of Julius Caesar’s lictors—Axelrod should have equipped her with one of those things with the axe and rods (accidental quip) as she stood behind Imperator.

No comments: