Friday, February 20, 2009

CNBC's Rick Santelli Wires the Revolution

Larry Summers and Tim Geithner are the self-annointed geniuses of the economy, but no one out there in the hinterland believes it. The S&P index is about to hit a double bottom. The DOW Jones Industrials is at half of its value, which explains why, as a very small investor of $17,000, I have lost $10,000 on the S&P index. I promise you I won't cry but the people down in Washington are deaf to the poor struggling schmucks like us. I could tell you tales of youthful poverty that would break your heart (if you had one), tales that could match any of the horror stories of poverty I've seen when I've lived in and visited the "ghettoe." (I volunteer with mostly minority youth in boxing gyms) I've been busting my ass since I was 12 just to make it to some pale version of the middle class. Like many other working schmucks right now, I feel like I'm starting over. The only problem is that you can't give me back my youth.

It was popular campaign fodder for Obama to beat up on Wall Street but at least they do honest arithmetic. The honest arithmetic, applied to the Obama econoomic plan, is enough to foment a revolution. Anyway, here's the hot video where Rick Santelli pops a cork while doing work on the floor of the stock exchange in New York.

No comments: