Sunday, May 25, 2008

Obama Lectures Congress on Military Duty

Promise people everything and anything seems to be Senator Obama's strategy for getting himself elected. In B.O's latest vote-buying scheme, he advocates for another generous veteran benefit which is designed to decimate the ranks of the military at a time when we need them the most. Obama doesn't care, though; he is desperate to find a way to appeal to veterans without serving in the military himself. And then, he tries to engage Senator McCain in some stupid and lame manoeuver in which he says that McCain doesn't feel for our veterans as deeply and as nobly as he does. What a crock! Not even a bad lawyer would try a lame tactic like that. McCain seemed amused by Obama's comment when he fired back with a mild but very accurate jab:

I will not accept from Sen. Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lectures on my regard for those who did.


So that's how I found out that Obama didn't ever go into the military at all! That's something I should have known but scarcely gave any thought to. I just very simply and naively believed that would-be presidents would at least have some personal experience with service to country. My assumptions were, of course, way off course with regard to Obama. I assumed that a guy who expressed so many opinions of the military, of what it should do, and where it should go, would naturally have a great deal of experience in this area. I'm still shaking my head. It's Memorial Day, and I'm thinking of all the brave men and women who gave of themselves because they love freedom, and not because it would afford Barack Obama the opportunity to buy their votes.

No comments: