Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Obama’s Marriage to Democratic Party: Solid or Just Another One-Night Stand?
Marriage after the first date isn’t such a good idea but many Obama backers aren’t ready to tell their parents they eloped. Deep down, Democrats like Donna Brasile worry that Obama is not ready for prime time. The reasons are not as much for Obama’s “bitter Pennsylvania” remarks as they are for Obama’s glaring inexperience:
Barack Obama hasn't really been tested in a major campaign. In 2000, State Senator. Obama challenged Congressman Bobby Rush, who was had been crushed in a bid to become mayor of Chicago. Rush, a former Black Panther, painted. Obama as "inauthentic" and beat him 2-1.
Obama’s record as a state senator was liberal-left:
• Obama opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. It was approved 85-14, and signed into law by President Clinton.
• Obama voted “present” on a bill to ban partial-birth abortions.
• Obama was the only state senator to oppose a law prohibiting early prison release for sex offenders.
• Obama backed a total ban on handguns. His spin-doctors tried to convince the media that was the result of a “rogue aide” who filled out a form on Obama’ behalf. That appeared shady when Obama’s handwriting was acknowledged on the documents.
Obama’s positions on other national issues mark him as a left-leaning liberal:
• Obama wants a hurried withdrawal from Iraq, exhibiting a foreign policy naiveté which, if effectuated, would result in disaster and bloodshed extremely beyond his supporters’ imaginings.
• He twice voted "present" on a bill to ban partial-birth abortions. In 1999, he was the only state senator to oppose a law that prohibited early prison release for sex offenders.
• Obama denies he has an anti-Israel stance but among his circle of friends and political supporters is the controversial Reverend Wright, spiritual advisor to Obama, and friend of Louis Farrakhan who calls Judaism a “gutter religion.”
• Obama contradicted himself on the NAFTA issue and a Canadian embassy official’s statement undermined Obama’s attempts at another “interpretation.”
So it seems that many big players of the Democratic liberal elite are already married to Obama. If there are any opposed to the union, speak now or forever hold your peace.