Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You Choose: Chris Dodd, Erin Burnett or Maria Bartiromo

Don’t hold any of this against me—I just discovered that money rules the world. It’s all about the Benjamins. I should have paid attention to it a little sooner. Economics and Finance 101, I mean. You’ll have to take whatever I say about it with a grain of salt, as they say. Two grains if your blood pressure can handle it.

A while back people were talking about a “housing bubble” and I thought they were talking about the inflated price of housing. I discovered just yesterday afternoon that what they meant was not a “housing bubble” per se, but a housing bubble caused by a mortgage financing bubble. Personally, if it were up to me, I wouldn’t call it a bubble at all. I’d call it rubble inside of a trouble.

Sometimes things don’t sink in if you’re not affected. Once in a while I wondered why nobody got put in jail for offering interest only mortgages with incredibly low monthly payments. And I always believed that nobody was stupid enough to sign something carrying a “pre-payment penalty.” I used to live in a neighborhood where that type of thing would get you aerated.

But last week I decided to study economics and financing because, while happy, I felt there was something missing from my life. Mario Bartiromo and Erin Burnett had something to do with that for sure. Both women are brainy market watchers you can really appreciate even when they’re wearing Wallstreet-smart outfits with conservative jewelry. Neither of them are glamorous women in the Hollywood tartlet sense of the word, yet both are alluring and classically beautiful. And smart. Smart lights up beauty and naturalness with nearly radioactive brilliance and these dolls glow like the Bikini Atoll before the Test Ban Treaty.

Who else could hold you in thrall with stories about Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd making the grandstand play with Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke or the euphemistically titled “mortgage crisis” which pulled the Dow down 1000 points from its 14k high? Now I will go to look for some pictures from my files. It’s too late today but tomorrow, you will have your choice: Maria Bartiromo, Chris Dodd, or Erin Burnett. You decide.


Digg!

No comments: