Friday, May 23, 2008

McCain Rejects Pastor's Support - WSJ.com

McCain Rejects Pastor's Support - WSJ.comWhile I've been a perfectly straight arrow for decades, there was a time in my own life when I was reckless, destructive, and disrespectful of all authority. I wish I had seen more clearly--I wasted a lot of time which could have been used far more productively. As the result of that early run on the dark side, I wish to announce that I have decided not to run for president. I would have too many things to lie about, and it's quite likely that I have forgotten some, and would therefore be easily caught. I also wish to denounce all the horrid things said and done by my friends and acquaintances, including what they may say in the future. Now, with a clear conscience, I will absent myself from public life.

No comments: