Monday, May 12, 2008

Deep Thoughts from the Campaign 2008 Trail

"When our troops go into battle, they serve no faction. They serve no party. They represent no race or region. They are simply Americans."


I've been accused of unfair play by a few of my readers. It is true that I have not given as much attention to Barack Obama's campaign statements and promises as I have given to Hillary Clinton or John McCain so I'd like to share with you the profound and ringing statement Mr. Obama made while campaigning in West Virginia. I'm astonished, reeling, and still trying to process things out. Nonetheless, I'd like to point out, in the interest of Catholicity, that Senator Obama feels it is just as patriotic to speak at an anti-war rally as it is to serve in the armed forces.

Who can deny that the Senator has set hearts a-quiver in some qarters with his risky speeches and policy positions. Risky speeches and policy positions. Risky speeches and policy positions. Risky speeches and.... oh, never mind! I'll never to able to perorate like Obama. Those cadences! Those pauses! Those rhetorical flourishes of repetition! They take my breath away...

No comments: